I love the old, vintage look of all of the latest scrapbook products out there! One of my favorites is the "Button Boutique" set from Papertrey Ink.
I use it for all occasions, and on all sorts of projects.
This week, the Make it Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink is to put
glitter, flocking, or Perfect Pearls on your project!
Here's my entry!
1. I started by covering a white card base with my pattern paper and rounding the two outside corners. Attached it to the cardbase.
2. I cut my red pattern paper and rounded those corners as well to match the corners of the button card.
3. I then die cut the button card and stamped it in red. ( Inking all the edges as I went )
4. The fun part was die cutting all of the little buttons along with the sentiment and label in chipboard and then covering them with glitter! (Notice I slipped one little Jenni Bowlin chipboard button onto the card! And even that I clear embossed for shine!)
5. To finish, I simply layered my card, and added the gold bow and the glittered blue and green buttons and label strip.
At first, I wasn't sure I liked the vintage look combined with the sparkly glitter,
but it's growing on me!
Papers: Paper Studio, "A Heartwarming Holiday", and Cosmo Cricket,
"Odds and Ends"
Stamps: Papertrey ink, "Button Boutique" and Inkadinakdo "Doodle Frames Holiday"
Also entered at the challenge at:
Stampendous Impressions, ( Using chipboard -and used their wonderful glitter, of course)