Rose Corset Project
My husband pointed out that I should have taken a photo BEFORE I crackle-painted it, but if you're like me, you get an idea, and you run with it! Literally! I think I broke records sprinting out to the garage searching for my crackle paint with the
image of what I wanted to do swirling around in my head!
I love this stamp! It heat embosses so beautifully and the swirls lend themselves perfectly to further embellishment!
I stamped and embossed the image, glued it to some thin chipboard, then fussy-cut it.
Next, I painted the "fabric" portions of the corset with sparkle waterpaints and lined the trim with silver pen, and the leaves with green.
The roses are Copic, R35 and R59, with tiny black pearl pen buttons.
I carefully placed rhinestones following the swirls.
I love the way it sets off the elegant detail.
I cut a slice into the top of an oval chipboard disk, inked it in black,
stuck the cut image into it,
and heat embossed it with lots of black embossing powder to hold it in place and to make it look as though it is one piece.
The dresser was painted black and then crackled in cream.
After allowing it to dry overnight, I stamped the design onto the sides and top using Momento ink.
For the drawers, I painted them cream and thn crackeld them in dark red.
A little water-downed walnut ink wash over the whole thing
gave it a more vintage appearance.
Just to add a bit of punch, I added the rhinestone swirls to the front.
The little hat box was really fun!
I simply painted the bottom walnut and crackled the lid in cream.
Those tiny roses were the perfect size! And after I used my R35 and R59 Copics markers again, they were the perfect color!
The chandelier is that special something to make the scene complete.
I wish I had a real bedroom with these decorator items in it!
My favorite colors again, RED and Black!
I think my earrings have just found a new home!