Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Morning!

What a crazy weekend!  We decided on a house and signed all the paperwork, and will get the keys on October 15th!  So, needless to say, I've been packing up stuff anticipating the movers on the following Wednesday. My scrapbook room is in a sad state...
I am having a hard time letting go, even if for only two weeks until I get everything organized at the new place.  It's "just one more card..." or "I need to send out my SLT cards to the kids!"   I have lots of excuses, but have pretty much run out of time. I just have to tell myself that I'll make up for it later.

PHINDY"S PLACE is having a really cute challenge this week. The theme is CUTE. Well, I usually don't do really cute, only boy cute. But I got out the pinks and purples, and grabbed the freebie on thier website, "Petticoat Patty".  With limited products at my disposal, I put this card together that will be sent to Harley, my little gal from Send Love Today.
The papers were some old Miss Elizabeth's I bought at the Dollar Store years ago, I colored "Patty" with my Copics, and made a little tulle flower with a bling center. The bee was a little button I had left over from an ancient project.
The second card was for the challenge over at Shirleys2Girls, or S2G.  The only requirement is that you have the word BOO on the card.  Well, needing to make some Halloween cards on the run before we move, I made my first out of eight that I'll send out.  

The ghost with balloon is a free image I downloaded some time ago and didn't tag (I THINK it may be a Dustin Pike), the "B" is a chipboard piece that I covered with paper and ran through my Cuttlebug with my new Tim Holtz folder, Circles.  And the "O"s, well you know those little Bazzill washer-looking things? I bought a BUNCH of them last year at the sale. Don't have a clue what to really use most of them for!  So I painted two of them black, and those became my "o's.  It gave the card some depth and weight. Wrapped the little balloon floss through them, and done! Oh, and I love the font that I found on my computer (have no idea where half of these came from) called KA Monster. It even has little skulls on the letters!

These cards are also entered in the Polka Doodles card challenge asking for examples of our homemade embellies! The tulle flower was my very first attempt at making the fabric flowers. ( hint, hint: Tulle is NOT the easiest thing to start with! ) and I thought using the Bazzill pieces was kinda clever....

Well, except for a Birthday Card for my daughter, I'm done until after the move.  I'll post it here in the next few days, and then quit...I have to. The house doesn't pack itself!  :)