Monday, September 30, 2019

Daffodils are blooming!

The color challenge at 
(My Favorite Things)
this week is:
Yes, disregarding the current season,
I made this "card" for my mother because she loves all flowers all of the time!!

The frame is pressed wood, stained to a dark walnut with 
Tim Holtz Distress Stain
and the image colored with orange and yellow Copic markers.

I simply glued the thin wooden frame to a card base after finishing the details.
It will make for a lovely piece of room décor after she reads the card inside.

The pin was one I made by "stringing" beads onto a long hat pin and inserted through the bow.  


It's always nice to know a card you work a long time making will be much appreciated not only at the time it's received, but kept and admired for a long while after!
This will bring a bit of the outdoors in for her!

Also, happily entered in the challenge at 
Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather!
We are actually having pleasant temperatures in the double digits again here in Phoenix! 
No more 100 degree days until next summer!

Jan

1 comment:

Pippa said...

What a beautifully coloured card, I am sure your mum will love it. Thank you for sharing at Scrapper's Delights. Pippa DT

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...