Thursday, February 23, 2012

Glittered "Buttons"

The "Make It Monday" Challenge at Papertrey Ink's blog this week demonstrates the technique of glittering our buttons, both real and die cut.
I love using my Buttons Boutique Dies and card stamp, so this was no chore.


Here is my card. I'll let you judge for yourself how you feel about adding the glitter...


I am out of spray adhesive, so I had to brush on the ol' white liquid glue. I don't know if that's why I didn't get such a great coverage with the glitter, but I had intentionally wanted to maintain the color and pattern of my buttons
(both the real one and those I had punched out of the pattern papers)
The technique was intersting, but not sure how often I will use it. 
I guess I'm more of a purest when it comes to my button embellishments!


No matter, I still dearly love the Button Boutique button card die and stamps and will be happy to send this pretty little card to a friend!

Check out this challenge and all of the "Make It Monday" tips and techniques!

2 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

I love Button Boutique! This design screams I love handmade quality! Love it!

Jennifer said...

Jan,

Your card came out so perfect!!! :) I love all your layers, twine, distressing, & layout! I love the way you mixed real buttons with your die cut ones, too! (as pretty as it is, the buttons-even the real ones-look more natural without the glitter, though)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...