Monday, January 16, 2012

Can you cay GRUNGE?


Well, over at  A Jillian Vance Design, the challenge this week is to make a "grungy" Valentine's card!  Now, I can do Classic, and Vintage, and Modern; but Grungy took a bit more thought.

I kept going to the "pretty and the old-fashioned sweet".... veered from the DARK side.
But eventually, I came up with this.  The problem also arose that I have only one Vallentine's stamp set.  (An older one from Recollections)


I wanted it to be a bit edgy with the black lace and embossed medallion, but couldn't resist throwing the resin swan piece on there!  All the reds match, I can assure you.  Don't you hate it when one surface reflects the light diffently than another?  ugh...
The black and gold Prima flower added a little grunge, too. Don't you think?
Dirtied up the Snug Hug bow some, and this is what I finished with.  I decided that GRUNGE is not my style. I have a hard time taking something relatively pretty, and making it look messy...just me and my age, I guess.

Check out the stamps at Jillian Vance's store!  She carries terrific products, and I especially love the sentiments stamp sets and we can all use more stamps!

This card also qualifies for the challenges at:
 Paper Sundaes (Favorite Challenge #92, Black, Flowers, and Distressing)
Stamptacular (Texture)
The Crazy Challenge (Tic Tac Toe / Lace, Image, Pearls)

10 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Jan this is gorgeous - great grunge design but still really pretty. I LOVE it.
Hugs
Denise xx

Bunny Vance said...

I love it! Great job, love the black lacy look! Very pretty and elegant grunge at the same time! Thanks for joining our Linky Party!
Bunny and Jillian Vance

Nadia's Beautiful Mess said...

Jan, thanks for joining our linky party! You put great detail into your card, it's beautiful!
Nadia

Rubies Crafts said...

What beautiful card, you did a great job. Thank you joining our grunge linky party.

Ruby

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Beautiful grungey card gf!!! Love your take on this challenge!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at A. Jillian Vance Designs!

Jennifer Palmer said...

Love the black lace! Very pretty card!

Thanks for playing along with A Jillian Vance Design!

Jennifer
scrappingundertheinfluence.blogspot.com

Beth Hillier said...

Beautiful card!

Beth Hillier
Mytimetoplay.blogspot.com

Lionelsa said...

It's beautiful. Lovely colors.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oooohhhh...me like! It's got just enough red to keep it from being too dark! Love it!

Thanks so much for joining in our Birthday Celebrations at Paper Sundaes this week! Make sure you hop with our Sundae Girls to get entered to win some fabulous prizes! Good luck!

♥Lisabee
My Crafting Blog

Michelle B. said...

You did a wonderful job, very grungy! Great use of so many textures! Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...