Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Every Cloud....

has a silver lining.

I know it sounds corny, but who doesn't need a reminder that things will get better with a bit of time. 

This background was stamped first and then the sentiment and clouds added after.
This card was made for the Stamp-a-faire challenge #10 at "Capture the Moment", Papertrey's blog.  The challenge was to stamp the background in a lighter color than your focal point! What a simple concept, yet one we often forget and we just go grab that pattern paper.



I stamped the sentiment in a black contrasting ink, and then chose to go with the hand-cut WHITE clouds and ric rac to show up against the stamped background. So....a little black and a little white. This challenge DID prompt me to get out my retired larger stamp and make my own pattern background!  I like the results, simple.

Supplies:
Stamps;  Cornish Heritage Farms, SL-3162WUM
               Papertrey Ink, "Up Up and Away Sentiments"
Cardstock; Bazzill

1 comment:

Marlena M. said...

I love this! That rickrack coming down is wonderful. ;)

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...