Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge!

I know...the first thing you're going to think is, "Wow, it's a little chancy to use an American holiday card as an entry into a blog that's based in Australia!" Hey, I think the Outback is as wonderful as any part of the world, the Great Barrier Reef is amazing, and that huge red rock is mind-blowing! It is one of my 5 Top Places I want to go to someday.  But then again, I'm where I am...Phoenix, Arizona, USA.  Not too far from the Grand Canyon, we, too, have beautiful beaches (somewhere, LOL!) and that Mt. Rushmore really impressed me as a youth!  At least I used "Australian Sunrise" as the font!
So without any more excuses, Claire, I have entered my "Happy 4th" card for the sketch challenge this month.
Hope you'll forgive.
I chose to fill my basket with stars! To make the scallops, I simply punched one inch dark blue circles and covered half with the ribbon strip. Now I have to make about a dozen more if I want to send them out in July!

       This photo will be back online after July 13th!
Supplies:
Waltzing Mouse Stamps; Bountiful Baskets Additions
JoAnn's; ribbon
Bazzil cardstock
Creative Imaginations stickers; "Liberty"

As I mentioned above, this card will be entered in the challenge at the
Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge, and also
The Paper Variety (Stars)

Woo-hoo!

7 comments:

Amie said...

Basket is so cute!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Adorable...love your patriotic theme.

Kelly S. said...

Oh love how you filled that basket! The coloring on it is spectacular....and how perfect is that patriotic plaid ribbon, ohhh say that 10 times fast, hee! Great WMSC card!!

patti west said...

Beautiful card, Jan!! I love the basket and the blue scalloped edge w/lovely ribbon. Thanks for playing at the Paper Variety! :)

Abby Beard said...

This is so nice! Love that basket! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety :)

Lenet said...

Love Your star filled basket!Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at WMSC

Ali said...

Love Your star filled basket!this is amazing card used lovely colors.

Send gifts to Pakistan From UK

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...