Monday, September 27, 2010

This Week's Card Challenges

This week's card challenge at Some Odd Girl, is Monochromatic.  I love the use of colors that are all in the same color family, but when you have to choose ONLY those colors, it does get tempting to go outside that box!  Here is my Yellow/Orange card that I made. It will be sent to my little gal from Send Love Today. She just started riding the bus to kindergarten, and started chemo treatments the same week. She has had a rather rough time of it.  I hope this cheers her up a bit!

I also entered this card in the sketch challenge above from Skipping Stones Designs.  They have some really sweet and easy layouts!
The image is "Bussie" from Some Odd Girls, (the freebie provided for their challenges), pattern paper from DCWV, some Bazzill ric-rak, and a Bazzill paper flower that I spritzed with my Copics. I liked the retro look of the card even though Harley's much too young to "get it".  LOL!

9 comments:

Robin said...

This card is sure to cheer her up. You did a fab job going monochromatic with Bussie and love the sentiment!!! Thanks for playing with Some Odd Girl!!!

Brenda said...

I like how you tilted the bottom part of the sketch to form your road. What a sweet card that will most certainly cheer up a sick little girl!
Thanks for playing along with SSD!

This N That said...

I LOVE the magic school bus! :D and you did SO well with bussie. Isn't he adorable? Thanks so much for playing at Some Odd Girl!

Kim Sonksen said...

Ohhhh I LOVESIT...gorgeous use of our Freebie and wicked take on our challenge
Thanks so much for being ODD with us over at http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/

Sara Henton said...

Just too cute, really like the way you used the bus. Thanks for playing with us SOG girls!

yyam said...

Oh so cute! Love that Bussie is a magic bus! ;)

Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl! :)

Marcie Sharp said...

Oh I love it when people play along with the freebies!! Bussie is such a cute image! Thanks for playing with us Odd Girls!

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm sure this will definitely cheer her up! Riding the bus is about my DDs fav thing about school so if my kindergartener loves it she will too! Great job! Stay Odd!

Anonymous said...

I love your take on this challenge for the road for the bus! Great idea, and I love the monochromatic look!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...