Friday, August 31, 2012

Poppies poppin' everywhere!

Love these flowers and I can't put this new stack from
DCWV
d
o
w
n
!
 
 
 
"Sweet Blossom"
This stack is brand new and available at Michael's this month!
 
The pattern of this paper keeps drawing me back. I am going to need more poppies!
This card was SO simple!
I simply cut the black mats from the Tres Chic Stack because it has such deep texture and is true black...
Then I cut the background poppy pattern paper just 1/4 inch smaller,
and continued fussy cutting additional flowers to layer over, popping them up at various heights. The glitter centers add just a bit of elegance.
 
The sentiment is one I've used before, too, and love it!
It's from Stampendous,
"Flower Path"
and you can get it here.
 
The sparkle is also compliments of Stampendous, and is the
"Silver Halo" glitter.
 
The finishing touch is a silver flower charm attached with some black twine! I love adding charms and beads to my cards! Gives them that little dab of dimension.
 
Please, leave me a comment and let me know you came by!
 
Jan


3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous Jan!!

Ren-Yi said...

lovely Jan! i love the layers and how you chose to pop some off the card. And a great sentiment and cute lil embellishment.

Jennifer said...

Jan,

You are such an enabler!!! ;) I want that great DCWV Sweet Blossom stack! Is it exclusive to Michael's? Love it!!!!!! And you picked the perfect Stampendous sentiment to go with it! Your pretty card is definitely one to scrap lift!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...