Saturday, July 14, 2012

Skipping Stones Inspiration Challenge!

Just having some fun tonight with a challenge at

I couldn't resist when I saw this photo...
Then the reality came to me that I have only the "girlfriend" themed SSD stamps
and really have no flowery ones!
My creativity went into overdrive (or was it the Ambien?) LOL!
I decided that one of the purses from "Birthday Purses" looked a lot like a flower pot.
Hey, it does if you squint..
So, this is what inspired me to make this little "Thank You" note card.
A bit of elegance, with a touch of whimsy.

The sentiment is also from that same set, "Birthday Purses". 
The background is stamped and silver heat embossed with an OLD stamp I have from Cornish Heritage Farms onto silver/gray Bazzil cardstock.
I figure if originality counts, I should get credit for this one!

6 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

That certainly IS an original use of birthday purses Jan! I like that embossed background too!

Katie Gehring said...

Really clever use of the purse as a flower pot! Thanks for playing along this week with Skipping Stones Design.

Lynn Mercurio said...

I think this turned out wonderfully. That is what stamping is all about...utilizing what you have in a unique and creative way. Well done with this little beauty.

Jingle said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the flowers and how you used them! Thanks for playing along with the Skipping Stones Design challenge!

Scrappychick said...

Oh Jan, this is just gorgeous!! Love the flower pop!! Thanks for playing with us this week at SSD, we hope to see you back! Cyndi

wendyp said...

I didn't even realize it was the purse at first! Very creative and cute! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Design challenges!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...