Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Show & Tell at Pike's Playground!

This month I have chosen to showcase (ta-ta-da-da!) one of the images from
Dustin Pike's new
Circus 12 release!

I wanted to challenge myself and see if I could use the very humorous, somewhat silly and adorable characters from Dustin's digital sets paired up with the more glamorous, vintage papers from Graphic 45. 

I hope you like it as much as I do!


The funny part is that the whole time I was coloring this image and designing my layout, I had the music from Madagascar 3, "Afro Circus", playing in my head...
Oooh, the trials and tribulations of having a 7 year old grandson!


The ornate headpiece that "Dumbo" is wearing is part of the scrap piece of trim that I used on the banner.


I had no idea when I purchased these little bicycle charm pieces what
I would use them for! Tied onto the tag with the twine,
it adds a bit of pizzaz to the card,
don't you think?

Hope you enjoyed sharing this self-imposed challenge with me today!

If you want some of Dustin's magnificent, hilarious, over-the-big-top
"CIRCUS 12 with Bonus images",
At this price, you could make dozens of wonderful cards, no two alike!
Or better yet, become a Monthly Member,
and get everything as soon as it is released!

This card has been entered in the challenge at
Oldie but Goodie Challenge (Banners)
Crafter's Companion (Embellishments)

6 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

This is just adorable!

Fluffles said...

This is so lovely! Great image, really beautifully coloured & a great card design. Love your little charm too - think you managed to pull all these pieces together brilliantly into a fantastic card. Thank you so much for joining us at an OBAG, & please come back with more of your lovely work. Have a great day, Jx OBAG DT

Annette said...

so adorable...

Kerri - Big Smiles from Kbear said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card! You did a fabulous job!

Scrappychick said...

This is total awesomeness!!

Louise Welsh said...

great fun card, love it and thanks for taking part in the crafters companion monthly blog Louise xx