Thursday, March 8, 2012

DYSU Challenge #62- Go Green!

This week we have three sponsors:
Winner's Choice of 4 Images
Winner's Choice of 10 Digis
Winner's Choice of 5 Digis

Here's my card:

To say it's not my favorite is an under-statement! I colored the image twice, and still felt like the brights were too "in your face".  I know, it's for Easter, but I should have stuck to light pastels. But, I felt those wouldn't show up in a picture very well.
I even washed over the entire image with my Copics W3 to tone it down a bit.

I DO love the Stamping Boutique image!
I split the image in Photoshop so that I could layer the fairy OVER the basket, therefore giving the illusion of her dropping the egg into it!
I think I may have over-thunk this one! LOL!



This image was terrific practice coloring the basket!

Inside reads:

Well, get onto the rest of the Design Team!  I know they have some fantastic projects to show you!  And enter to win with your own card creation!
Go Green!

6 comments:

WencheP said...

This is so pretty. Love the image and the colours are fabulous.

Hugs,
Wenche

Denise said...

This is lovely Jan - nothing wrong with the colours and the colouring of the basket is fantastic.
Hugs
Denise xx

Marcy said...

Jan, I think this is wonderful! Your coloring is great!

Unknown said...

It's a lovely Easter card for a kiddie

Ren-Yi said...

What a beautiful easter card. I love the fun glitter and the dimensions you gave to your card.

Mary Jo said...

I think the bright colors are perfect for this image. I know what you're feeling though-I feel that way when working with brights too. The basket looks amazing-good job!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...