Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DYSU Challenge #59- LAYERS!


For this week we have three great sponsors:


Winner's Choice of 2 Digital Stamps



$10 Gift Certificate


$20 Gift Certificate

Now we're talkin'!
I love working with layers!

I've have just recently gotten comfortable with piling it on, and I love the styles of the famous cardmakers who just load it up!

And you might note that many of the design team members have two projects to showcase this week! Whee!  One of those is ME!

One of the images I received to work with was from
Little Miss Muffet
 "Saffron"
  Isn't she cute?

My first center step card!
I paper pieced her coat, scarf, and hat.  I then added some Stampendous Shabby White embossing powder, and used a tiny, tiny ruffle peeking out from under her coat!
As troublesome as making a step card can be, I think they really make a card stand out!

For anyone who's curious, I simply finished the inside with a sentiment and strip of matching papers.

I also entered this card in the challenges at :
Little Miss Muffet Stamps
Ribbon Carousel Challenge
Fab n Funky Challenges (Try Something New)


My second card was with a
Tickled Pink image,
"Stefan",
or as he has been nicknamed here at my house,
"the little surfer dude".


Yes, you're seeing more of the Stampendous chunky embossing powders and crushed glass.  I am soooo addicted to that stuff!  Doesn't it make some amazing sand, though?


And a close up of the image...  Note that the sunglasses have Glossy Accents on the lenses.  Also, I have to chuckle every time I see that tiny little band-aid on his leg!
Yep, part of the image!  Cute, huh?


The brown satin ribbon was a great addition to the popped-up 3-D flip-flops, and his paper pieced surf board would be the envy of any surfer!  Hang 10, Dude!

Thanks for looking, and please, leave a comment and become a follower!
I'd love to know you were here!

Now, GO and check out the rest of the team's projects!
CUTE!!!

This card is also entered at:
Stampendous Impressions (Texture)
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards (Color Challenge)
Card Cupids (Inspiration for Kids)
Creative Card Crew (Masculine)

19 comments:

WencheP said...

I love both of your cards. Fabulous images and great embellishments.

Hugs,
Wenche

Oscar said...

Gorgeous cards Jan, I just love the 'little surfer dude' card and that looks fab! x

Denise said...

Fantastic cards Jan. Really love the Tickled Pink image and how you have paper pieced his board. The crushed glass looks really effective.
Hugs
Denise xx

~amy~ said...

BOTH cards are wonderful!

Marlena M. said...

Your cards are awesome. Your dude rocks! I love the texture.;)

Amie said...

Sand one is so cool!!!

Mynn xx said...

Both of these are just fabulous--LOVE the glittery sand!!! And I LOVE the textures on your little winter girls hat and muff! :)

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This looks fantastic and I love all the snowflakes! Such a fun card too! Thanks for using a Little Miss Muffet Stamp and you're welcome to add it to our current challenge to show it off regardless of the theme - that's a benefits of using LMMS, "Anything Goes!" :D
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Oh, Jan! You bring crafting to a whole new level!!! :) your attention to detail is AMAZING!!! I love the ruffle beneath her coat (love the fancy fold/step card, too) and the paper piecing on the little surfer dude's shorts & board is just perfect!!! How did you think to layer him on those fabulous flip flops (lifelike with the ribbon-nice touch!)?! Definitely impressed!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cool!!!

Unknown said...

Fab beach look

Marcy said...

Jan, both of your cards are wonderful, but that surfer dude is SPECTACULAR! What attention to detail! Fantastic!

Ren-Yi said...

Both cards are really superb. But i think the surfer dude is my favorite. It's so colorful and fun and makes me miss the summer. The sand is great embellishment too!

Arabella said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous cards!

Thanks so much for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps for our Valentines challenge!

Arabella

Torrey said...

Duuude!!! Love the flip-flops! This card totally rocks! Thanks for playin' with us at CCCC.

creatively,
Torrey

Karen said...

WOW Jan, a lot of work went into your cards, but what a fabulous result! You are the Top 2 at Card Cupids, so please email me so I can send you your "Top 2 Tuesday" button to display on your blog.
~Karen
kjseifert@comcast.net

Jan Garber said...

WOW, Top 2 is terrific! Thanks Karen!

Jan said...

This is fab. Thanks for joining us at Ccc xx Jan

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Jan: Your cards are so wonderful--love the images! Thank you for playing with us at CardCupids for our February challenge. Hope you join in often.

Please send us a motivational card for a child in one of the shelters or in the hospital?? They very much need a smile!!

Diane
Card Cupids Design Team

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...