Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quick Quotes Trio!

They're having a Design Team call at
and wouldn't that be a great team to be on!!!

I am definately crossing my fingers for that one! Those delicious papers and wonderful Powder Puff inks...yummy!
It would make my project creativity go up by leaps and bounds!

I have a layout that I created yesterday for the call...
Even though Quick Quote products were not required, I wanted to demonstrate how I would use their great paper colors and kit embellishments.
This layout was made from a kit I purchased some time back at an Expo.

I love that little garnet plastic grommet and those brads. I didn't use them the way the kit showed. Instead, I went with my own idea of gluing the brads to the grommet and hanging that gorgeous ribbon tie off of it. 
And those layered vellum letters were perfect! It's difficult to see in the picture, but the little ribbon piece under the photo matches the pattern in my grandson's shirt perfectly!


My second project was an accordian album that I have been wanting to make for a very long time.  I was very close to my maternal grandmother. So much so that I find myself patterning my entire life after her. She was a loving, but opionated, outspoken individual with a passion for enjoying life. Unfortunately, she passed away from cancer about 20 years ago...I miss her very much.
I left the cover fairly simple because the inside was going to contain so many details. 
Her name was added to the front after this was photographed. 
Much of the journaling was personal, and was also added after these photos were taken.
I love the way all of these "French Quarter" papers from Quick Quotes worked so beautifully together.  I inked all of the edges throughout the album with the
"Powder Puff, Midnight Confession" inks.

My mother has more pictures of my grandmother that I can add to these little pockets later. 

My grandmother was a hard worker.  This is her school ID photo from when she was an employee for the local school district.
When she was dressed up to go out, she reminded me a bit of Liz Taylor...
but then, I'm a bit biased.  (lol!) 
Don't these papers look gorgeous?

Loving to travel, my grandmother visited almost every state in the U.S.  And in her later years, enjoyed the occasional trip to Vegas!  Go, Grandma!!!
The little "Tattered Angel" tranparencies really look great on these papers, too!
This album will hold treasured memories for me for years to come.
My third project is a card that includes the adorable vellum dragonfly from
Quick Quotes.

Here's to a New Year, and the beginning of new memories!
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...