Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stampendous Color Challenge

This month, the color challenge at Stampendous Impressions is
Pink, Cream, Gold, and Brown
That said VINTAGE to me immediately! 
Isn't this Stampendous image just gorgeous?  It's called "Rose Corset".  And the KaiserCraft pattern paper I used for the background is flocked so it looks like wallpaper.

After coloring my image with Copics, I used my little Spritzer and "spit" some soft pink/lavender ink (Copics V04) around the finished image, casually masking it off using my hand.  The little buttons are made with my Pearl Pen.  I stamped the sentiment from Stampendous "Happy Messages" set onto my matted stamped image, and finished it off by attaching a gold ribbon and bow.
Copics used for this image: 
E00
E51
E33
R81
RV21
RV04
Since I use primarily Ciao markers, I'm unable to simply take a photo of the Copics I use, showing the numbers.  Someday...

P.S.  Note to anyone out there considering starting Copics, go with the Sketches! They cost just a bit more, but there are several advantages.  You don't need to refill as often, they have the identifying letter/number on the caps, and there are many more colors available in the Sketches.  I am mixing the two types of markers, but storage of both together  tends to be a problem.

3 comments:

StampendousGraphics said...

Gorgeous card, Jan! Thanks for playing with our challenge, we ALWAYS love seeing your work! Good luck and Merry Christmas to you!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Wonderful coloring! Love the soft vintage coloring on the corset!

Cyndi said...

ooooooooo, pretty, pretty, pretty! This is one of my fave Stampendous stamps! Very pretty card! Good luck with the challenge!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...