Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cowboy Love....

I had to wait to post this card until the last minute...you see, my DH occasionally will read my blog posts.  He will not be getting this card until later, for our 9th Anniversary.
I have been going crazy with my heat gun lately!  I absolutely love the way this Waltzing Mouse stamp looks with the glitter on it!  Oh, and I didn't stop there...oh no, I had to heat emboss the stars, too!  And I machine stitched and inked the "belt" to look more like leather.  I think it kept the masculine, western look, but fullfilled my need for a bit of bling.

I entered this over at a great new blog, A Card and a Half where they have a wonderful prize to give away of Imaginesce product!  And I DO love me some Imaginesce!!! 

Also entered at :

Do You Stack Up? (Stitching)
CaseStudy Challenge Blog
Sentimental Sundays (For the Men in Your Life)
Totally Papercrafts (One for the Boys)
Check out the WMS Friends Gallery over at Waltzing Mouse to see all the fantastic projects there!  It may have been too late (yes, I forgot that Waltzing Mouse closes their submissions at NOON on Friday, rather than midnight) so I missed last week's challenge that this would have qualified for....you win some and you lose some.... But I think it's a great card anyway!

12 comments:

Amie said...

cute cute and happy anniversary to you!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh this is so lovely! Great masculine design!

Peggysue said...

Very handsome card and neat spur you have there! I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? SEW challenge & hope to see your creativity here again!

Denise and Louise said...

Fantastic card for a man. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

kurlygirl said...

Wow, this is wonderful! I bet he loved it! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Sew: Faux or Real Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Tenny Kusuma said...

This card is so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with DYSU challenge this week.

Janne said...

Cool card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Calypso's Crafts said...

Brilliant card!!!! I love the idea and design!!! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Calypso

Helen Jolly said...

Fantastic card! thankyou for coming to play at Card And A Half x

sandee said...

This is a wonderful masculine card, and I love all the inking and embossing you did, a lot of nice details!

Leah said...

Fantastic card! thankyou for coming to play at Card And A Half x