Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Second Valentine post today!


My second card post for today is for my grandson.  He and I share a love for the lovable sock monkey! I have one that I share when Hayden comes to visit. He would never admit to it, but he likes having him to snuggle with at night. And, most importantly, I call Hayden MY little "monkey". 
I used the red Bazzill cardstock again, but this time embossed it with Swiss Dots. The banner is cut from several Cosmo Cricket papers, again the vellum is a sentiment from Colorbok. I would love to say I know who makes the Sock Monkey paper, but I picked it up at my LSS some time ago and it's not stamped. My bad!
The best part of this card is that I got out my sewing machine! Poor thing has been packed away since our move. I love the look of stitching on cards/layouts and intend to use it more in the future!
Now, off to work on birthday cards!  So many February birthdays!

Challenges entered:
Karber Weekly Challenge (Use something Old - in this case, my sewing machine!)
Cards for Men (Valentine/Love)
City Crafter (Love)

Delightful Sketches  (Love/ a heart)
Do You Stack Up? (Pattern Paper)

I Did It Creations (RED)
Wild Orchid (Love is...)
Paper Sundaes (Valentines)
Penny's Paper CraftyChallenges (Anything goes)
Simon Says Stamps (Animal Antics)
Totally Paper Crafts (One for the Kiddies)
Polka Doodles (Party!)
Incy Wincy (Monkeying Around)

24 comments:

WencheP said...

Very sweet. Love the monkey. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

jeannine said...

Adorable card...love the sock monkey!! Did you honestly make that card for all of those challenges....you go girl!!! Love the stitched banner and embossed background!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Too cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Donna said...

Such a cute card. The sock monkey image is adorable. Thanks for joining in our "heart-y" challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Jo said...

Yep I love this one! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at DYSU! Hope to see you next time.

Ros said...

This really makes me smile ... thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB

princesskitten said...

super

kitten DYSU team

Miranda said...

lovely card and image
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jan
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Georgia Ehrmann said...

such a darling card with both the sweet sock monkey and your sewn on banner! Just lovely! Thanks for playing at IDIC this week! Good Luck!

LuLu said...

Adorable card and love the layout. Many thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles this week.

Lou
x

Janna said...

Heya again :) Jan, this sentiment is so heartwarming, totally love it. Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! Janna

Saskia said...

Great to see your work at Polkadoodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Saskia :)

Vintage Milly said...

What a great fun card, thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Polkadoodles,
Em.x

Shelley said...

Aww what a super cute card!! Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge xx

Tracy V. said...

Another great one! Love, love that sentiment!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes, hope to see you back next week!
Tracy V

Padster said...

Fabulous Red Card thanks for joining us at IDIC this week.
Hugs,
Debbie x

Tammylee said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at IDIC this week. Hope to see you again.

Tammylee IDIC DT
I Did It Creations

Sarah A said...

Love it, the buting, colours and the super cute monkey are just perfect for the challenge over on Incy Wincy this week.

Sarah x

Linda R. said...

This is just so adorable.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Jan. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Cheryl Nelson said...

Absolutely darling! LOVE that banner! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Shana said...

Another awesome card for a special little boy! I love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

Heather "Hev" said...

Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy .
Hope to see you again

Heather and the DT
Vanilla Hevn (my blog)